The Leeuwin Youth Explorer voyages are the ultimate tall ship adventure for youth. The week-long voyages depart and arrive predominantly from Fremantle Port however the ship travels to Shark Bay in the North and Busselton in the South. Our voyages enable you to surround yourself with active new friends, develop skills for the workplace and to test your personal limits.
We run a working ship, so during the voyage you will be part of a whole heap of hands-on activities, from:
– Navigating the ship and taking the helm
– Setting and furling the sails
– Climbing the masts and working aloft
– Standing watch while sailing through the night
– Weather conditions, watch roster and ship positioning affects the schedule so there is never a dull moment. During the last full day of the voyage it’s over to you! As a group, you nominate those of your peers on board who have demonstrated the skills needed to make up a replacement crew. You then chart the ship’s course, putting the skills you have learnt in communication, teamwork and negotiation to the test. Effectively you sail the ship to the final anchorage.